Crucial initial steps in deciding how someone's drug treatment plan should look are drug detoxification and withdrawal procedures. Most of the time, the effects of these substances are what causes the brain to justify sustained intake and even shun good advice; thus, it is only advisable to allow a period of time with no drug use so that the patient can have steady frame of mind.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The main goal is to get addicts to diminish and then eliminate drug abuse after they acknowledge their dependency.
this timeframe in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 on drug detox is noted as a "window of opportunity" for a person with both medical and personal issues to think about further rehabilitation.
Detox, as defined by SAMHSA, involves sequences of intervention which are intended to cope with withdrawal signs and critical intoxication. It precedes substance abuse rehab, so it is different than it. Detox might last for a couple of months, but sometimes it can only last a week or less. With the help of detoxification specialists at Futures of Palm Beach, you can successfully treat your withdrawal symptoms and get yourself into a treatment plan that is individually designed with you in mind. As detoxification doesn't find the answer to the social, cognitive, emotional and psychological aspects linked with addiction, it's seriously advisable that you follow a long-term treatment programme.
Steps Of Drug Detox
Before you can go into an outpatient or inpatient recovery program you should go through three steps of detoxification that, ideally, lead to it.
- It is crucial to correctly diagnose and evaluate someone's dependency in order to devise a proper treatment plan that will be efficient.
- In the assessment phase, it does not only determine the dependency level, it also assists in identifying any hidden medical or psychological problems or disorder which is co-occurring with drug dependency.
- Stabilization is a method in which a person starts withdrawal from drugs.
- The objective for this phase is to get to a substance-free condition.
- In order to help with the process, especially in cases where the patient is a heavy drug user, a prescription of medication can be provided.
- Real recognition and acknowledging that there is a problem in regards to an addiction is possible once someone has gotten to a state of balance in the mind as well as once stabilization of thought is achieved.
- This paves the way for recovery treatment and the patient's part during this procedure.
- Fostering Entry Into Drug Treatment
- Many patients that undergo detox don't continue with a treatment for drug abuse dependency, it is reported.
- The reason for this might differ from individual to individual, but it's a given that the people who continue with substance-free treatment frequently have better success rates for sobriety.
- So much weight is placed on addiction awareness and dedication towards sobriety.
- As soon as this phase has been completed, the individual can carry on with the centre's substance treatment plan in an outpatient or inpatient environment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Asking for addiction treatment is never late. Call Futures of Palm Beach today if addiction is controlling your life or the life of someone you know.
We boast a specialised treatment centre for addiction and trained experts who are committed to ensuring successful results. You can take help from a qualified clinician to determine what options are available to you and how you can move forward with achieving a drug-free life.