NHS Or Private Rehab?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. If your pocket allows it or if you are covered with private health insurance, you'll be able to get into private rehabilitation facility. In most cases, you're lucky to secure NHS admission to a private rehab clinic.
Who Can Apply With The NHS For Treatment Funding?
Addiction therapy with the NHS funding at community based treatment or private residential rehab that is free at when delivered, should be an option for every UK resident. To qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehabilitation centre you'll possible have to provide evidence that you have tried to get in local community-based treatment options first. Residential rehab session is only dependent upon willingness of your area addiction group to finance your treatment. It takes many weeks even months.
For referral you should go to your GP so he can instruct you to the alcohol and drug action team which are nearest to you.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Private rehabilitation facilities
- Flexible rehab schedule;
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- All treatment on one side cohesion of care and daily routine;
- In most cases, the same doctor/employee will take care of patients during the rehab;
- We provide the environment and surrounding free from worries and issues where patients can concentrate on treatment sessions.
- Healing occurs in persons with shared goals between professionals and patients in the program.
- Sometimes, facilities to make phone calls/receive letter, family visiting times and visiting accommodation are provided.
- Art, gym health and fitness exercise activities are included in the treatment program;
- Post Care Program;
- More expensive than rehab on the NHS.
- Health insurance doesn't always cover it.
- Free of charge;
- Accessible to everyone;
- Operates in the local community near home and family reach;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Might not be referred to residential treatment;
- Different treatments may be done at different clinics and centres;
- Therapy may be interrupted by life distractions and easily obtainable drugs and alcohol;
- Limited access to the personal counsellor;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- In order to build an outpatient support network it may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. However, with the EU cross border healthcare regulation, it is possible to get funding in a lot faster.
All UK patients are requested to take benefit from this service and get more information on Alcohol Rehab Bradford site.