Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Numerous people stress over how the addiction recovery process will influence their lives, the obscure can be alarming. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
Your recovery will be that much smoother if you understand what a rehabilitation treatment centre is all about, what goes on during treatment, how long it takes and how much the whole programme will cost you.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
A recovery programme is customised to meet the requirements of each patient. In the bid to achieve prolonged sobriety, treatments like detoxification, individual and group therapy, education for the prevention of relapse, and after care planning before the end of the programme are used.
- Detox A vital early component of numerous dependence recovery endeavours is detox. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. People in rehabilitation take part in gathering as well as individual treatment sessions to perceive and address the fundamental reasons for their enslavement. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care Towards the end of the treatment programme and before leaving the inpatient facility, the recovering addict will work with the therapists on a workable follow-up schedule that will help keep them from relapsing. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
How Long Is Rehab?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. When deciding on the suitable duration of treatment, treatment experts will consider the history and seriousness of the dependency, particular substances taken, any co-occurring mental, medical, or behavioural issues, and the mental, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural requirements of the person.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. It can likewise show relationship building abilities to get ready for the everyday battles of recouping from enslavement and how to address the general population or circumstances that may have added to or exacerbated the substance issue in any case.
Though, long-lasting recovery may call for continuous therapy in group and/or individual form in addition to attending support group or 12-step meetings. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What If I Relapse?
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. Issues of increased staff to patients' ratio, custom made amenities, and added services make the high-end luxury programs to be costlier.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- What amenities are provided - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- Duration of the programme - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Area - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Kind of programme - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
Cost Of Rehab Vs Cost Of Addiction
While the cost of recovery might be an obstruction for a few people, it is imperative to recollect the many "expenses" of compulsion. Dependency can be expensive because of
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Loss of productivity at work
- Legal fines and fees
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Can I Use Insurance?
Protection is frequently acknowledged at medication recovery programs. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. It is wise to confirm with the service before you commit yourself for the programme as some insurance covers only cater for only part of the cost of accommodation or medication.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Numerous people looking for recovery go to a recovery office far from their home. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. For someone with family responsibilities, a centre close to home can help balance home life with treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
There is a difference between outpatient and inpatient facilities - including how intense the treatment is, the costs, support system offered during healing, and the entire environment.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. Since a patient can leave, he/she doesn't have to pay for 24/7 care. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. These include
- Employee Assistance Programmes A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Several employers provide as much as 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which enables you to take off unpaid time without it influencing your health insurance, in an attempt to look for treatment for a medical issue that gets in the way of your ability to finish tasks related to your work. This covers addiction so it's important to find out what your company offers.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehab Centres You can continue to work while under treatment at a plush, 24-hour rehab centre that facilitates the interaction between the executive patients and their offices during the rehab.
- Outpatient Programmes The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
A luxury rehab provides way more facilities and elegant settings than a standard rehabilitation centre. These luxurious rehab facilities are located in out-of-the-way places where total privacy is guaranteed. A luxury rehabilitation facility may provide holistic programmes, gourmet food prepared by expert chefs, adventure therapies, and advanced recovery therapies.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 246 1509 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.