Getting Counselling For Addiction
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. No one understands your drug or alcohol addiction, is a time tested truth the addicted knows. When addict recognises that cannot control the addiction alone, looking for the help of a specialist addiction counsellor.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Counselling is one of the vital components in a treatment program.
A counsellor establishes a therapeutic alliance with the patient to help him achieve the ultimate goal of sobriety. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
The therapist role is very essential in treating admitted and nonadmitted patients whether as a set or one-on-one form.
Hold sessions with the help of the patient's family or friends to support recovery.
The possible contribution of family members through an unhealthy attachment may come up during such a group session. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Educates and supports the patient throughout the recovery.
- Conducting personal sessions to educate the patient on how the addiction happened and what to do to recover.
- Managed periodic drug examinations.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Educate patients on post-rehab care and provide information about them.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of An Effective Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
The initial counselling sessions are designed to lay the foundation for mutual trust, which is imperative for a successful outcome.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. Understanding the background of the patient assists the counsellor to steer recovery program to desired outcome. These information are crucial in providing the best approach to managing and designing the recovery plan for the patient.
The counsellor identifies other underlying emotional or mental issues and treats them to avert complications. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
The Available Types Of Therapy
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- Overall goal of these therapy practices is to assist the patient shift brain function to take control of decision making.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Addiction disrupts natural brain utility, distorts focus on productive thoughts and that is where CBT comes in handy to rewrite your brain functions to make informed choices.
- CBT helps the recovering addicts to identify the triggers and actions and help them develop better or healthy substitute actions or behaviour.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In rehabilitation centres, DBT is utilized to determine the psychosocial factors of the addiction and empower the patient to deal with stresses such as peer pressure.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These therapeutic approaches focus on conscious and subconscious manipulation and change often involving relaxation mastery.
- The secret behind this treatment program is to relax individual state of mind to identify drug craving behaviour patterns and treat addiction dependency from its root and not from the symptoms.
- Holistic Therapies
- Additionally to the traditional therapy ways, holistic therapy support patients use introspection and understand coping skills.
- Holistic approach to addiction therapy program encourages patients to share intimate fears and concerns in a friendly and warm communication environment during counselling with peers and counsellor.
- Art therapy, yoga and equine therapy are some types of treatment measures that can be utilized in drug abuse cases.
In order to treat the complete issue, good addiction therapy centres offer a range of extra kinds of treatments with the latest aim being leading the patient to a lasting recuperation.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
You may not think that you do not need dedicate yourself to addiction counselling.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.