Defining Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. To approach to the treatment in a different way, many choose the experimental therapy.
Experimential therapies have a hands-on approach and utilise a number of engaging activities, which can help recovering addicts to process and cope with past trauma.
Some recouping addicts might be uncomfortable conversing with specialists in a customary directing setting It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Regular experimential therapies include
- Rock climbing
- Ropes courses
- Music therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Adventure based counselling
The purpose of this therapy is to encourage patients to deal with emotions that may have been buried by helping them to develop a stronger connection with their inner selves. By exploratory treatment, a recuperating user would know how to deal with such problem with no need to resort to narcotics for a diversion.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Dependency With Experimential Therapy
Rock climbing and hiking are physically demanding activities, however, they have the ability to stimulate the stress of the real world for recovering addicts to overcome their habits. The patients can learn how to handle cravings and addiction triggers that they encounter on a daily basis with the help of Experimential therapy.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Experimential Therapy Methods
Amid an experimential therapy session, advisors manage recuperating addicts through a few treatment works out, custom fitted to their particular treatment needs.
Recuperating users could be less cautious throughout exploratory treatments, permitting for better precise user assessments for counsellors and psychological recovering for abusers.
Co-happening mental disarranged experimential therapy treats include
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Other Treatments With Experimential Therapy
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. These exercises permit recuperating addicts to apply the life aptitudes they're educated amid psychotherapy sessions in pragmatic, hands-on situations.
Withdrawal symptoms from many drugs can be uncomfortable and also dangerous, therefore, it is essential to begin any treatment program with a medical detox. Outpatient and residential rehabilitation schemes could equally cure abstinence signs throughout detoxification. After this, few therapies might be utilized as a part of conjunction with experimential therapy to legitimately treat the individual in recuperation.
To build an in depth rehabilitation scheme for recuperating users, exploratory treatment is frequently applied together with customary rehabilitation methods.
Experimential Therapy Methods Are
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- But is not what many people can think at the beginning, the addicts will feed the horses, take them to walk, bond with them, they are not riding the horses.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- EAP can help recouping addicts prepare negative emotions or injuries they may not generally perceive or address.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where in the users envision an agonising circumstance whilst a counsellor guides them by particular movements of the eye.
- EMDR has proven as an effective method in helping addicts going through the recovery process to alleviate any negative emotions and feelings of distress, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Sports like hiking, climbing and water rafting are practiced in groups so the adventure therapy helps the patients to learn social skills like communication, teamwork and responsibility so they can get better from their traumas.
- Art Therapy
- This is where patients use art and/or music to express themselves.
- Art therapy offers the addicts an effective way to release the negative feelings through the creation of artistic work.
Get Treatment For Your Addiction Today
Call us to secure you a dependency rehabilitation scheme if you are experiencing issues with drug addiction. Some medication recovery focuses have some expertise in experimential therapies, with obstruction courses, shake climbing dividers and craftsmanship studios on their premises. Rehabilitation facilities throughout the nation hold professional and restorative supplies you require to defeat substance dependency call us on 0800 246 1509.