Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Commonly used holistic therapies include
- Yoga practice
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Physical exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. Areas of treatment include the physical symptoms of addiction, emotional disturbances, and nutritional discrepancies.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Reducing the appeal of drugs and/or alcohol abuse
Types Of Holistic Dependency Therapies
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Therapies that are commonly utilized include
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Checking the patient's diet will go a long way in making sure they recover.
- The human body needs proper nutrition so as to be able to recover well and this can allow the recovering users to start on a strong base.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- Apart from helping to ease stress and make the body strong, regular exercise helps to create a routine.
- In holistic therapy, this is one of the main practices that should never be avoided.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. Supervision by clinical personnel is still important when trying to deal with the withdrawal symptoms caused by giving up alcohol and other depressants.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Professional medical assistance
- Private psychiatric counselling
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Most holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
Professionally worked into the treatment program during detox and in treating psychological cases, holistic therapies can provide invaluable support in reducing the degree of the problem. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 246 1509.